The Tragedy of Divorce in the Church at Large
What is going on here? A Warning about the Satanic onslaught!
"For I hate divorce," says the LORD, the God of Israel, "and him who covers his garment with wrong," says the LORD of hosts. "So take heed to your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously."
Many prominent ministers have faced the tragedy of divorce.
The developments in the lives of all these ministers are pretty serious and demonstrate that no one is immune from this demonic onslaught. If your marriage is doing great, Praise God! If not, pay attention, we are living in the last days and everyone should be on your gaurd, because the devil is after your marriages, but there is help! In the coming days you learn about my testimony. God has given me a great revelation that is called "Anatomy of a Divorce". First, I encourage everyone to visit the "True Love" page to learn about God's design for marriage. If you are in the worst marriage crises of your life, don't give up. The road to hell is always paved with our very own good intentions. We always think we know better than God, it isn't until it is too late and we finally reach where that road ends that we realize the gravity of our mistake. As ministers we are held to a higher standard. Some of us elevate and idolize some of our leaders so when they fail it can have a devestating effect on our minds. We have to focus on Jesus and realize that he is the only one that will never fail us.
Joel and Kathy Davisson on All of the Answers Radio
Joel and kathy Comment on Dicvorce of Church Leaders
At some point, it must stop. Listen to us Pastors, Leaders and national "bishops" and Prophets: If your life behind closed doors is not matching the life that you are preaching and teaching about; if your life at home does not reflect the Glory of God; then step down for a season of restoration.
-Joel and Kathy Davisson (More Resources)
Rebuild Your Marriage, Recover From Adultery and Abuse, and Enhance any Marriage Using the Life Changing Principles that God Taught us. These Principles Have Given Us an Outrageously Happy Marriage!
If Joel and Kathy Can Do It, SO CAN YOU! (Click Here for Resources)
Knowing God Program with Greg Laurie. The video clips of this program will offer you a unique opportunity to see Greg Laurie, the husband, as he and his wife, Cathe, share with us how to have a strong marriage. (Watch)
Meet The Lovelorns - A story of Marriage, Divorce, and Reconciliation
Melody and I were married for 11 years before my struggle with pornography and sexual addiction ripped our family apart. This tragic upheaval left both of us reeling and disrupted our status quo, to say the least. The appearance of the"perfect" life that we both worked so hard to maintain came crashing down all around us.
After 6 years of divorce, we remarried. This is our story...
Find help and healing for the hurt of separation and divorce
DivorceCare is a friendly, caring group of people who will walk alongside you through one of life’s most difficult experiences. Don’t go through separation or divorce alone.
DivorceCare seminars and support groups are led by people who understand what you are going through and want to help. You’ll gain access to valuable DivorceCare resources to help you deal with the pain of the past and look forward to rebuilding your life.
There are thousands of DivorceCare divorce recovery support groups meeting throughout the US, Canada and nearly 20 other countries and territories. There’s one meeting near you!
Also available support groups for the children of divorce
Connect your children with a DC4K group today!
(webmaster's note: as a divorced person myself, and having gone through it believe that this program and support system is an important tool to help us to stay grounded in God and help position us for healing and restoration for time to come. While we do our best by the biblical mandates, it is also important than we not judge those who have divorced but to prayerfully and lovingly extend God's unfailing love and mercy.)
There but for the grace of God go I
Mark Driscoll of Mars Hill Church in Seattle, whose video you see below, wrote the following on his blog in addressing pastoral burn out.
The following statistics were presented by Pastor Darrin Patrick from research he has gathered from such organizations as Barna and Focus on the Family.
* Fifteen hundred pastors leave the ministry each month due to moral failure, spiritual burnout, or contention in their churches.
* Fifty percent of pastors' marriages will end in divorce.
* Eighty percent of pastors and eighty-four percent of their spouses feel unqualified and discouraged in their role as pastors.
* Fifty percent of pastors are so discouraged that they would leave the ministry if they could, but have no other way of making a living.
* Eighty percent of seminary and Bible school graduates who enter the ministry will leave the ministry within the first five years.
* Seventy percent of pastors constantly fight depression.
* Almost forty percent polled said they have had an extra-marital affair since beginning their ministry.
* Seventy percent said the only time they spend studying the Word is when they are preparing their sermons.
* Eighty percent of pastors' spouses feel their spouse is overworked.
* Eighty percent of pastors' spouses wish their spouse would choose another profession.
* The majority of pastor's wives surveyed said that the most destructive event that has occurred in their marriage and family was the day they entered the ministry. (Read More)
* Originally prepared for an elders' meeting at Mars Hill Church on May 22, 2006.
You have heard the story of the prodigal son, now hear the story of the prodigal spouse. (Marriage Restoration Testimonies) Also recommended are these links from Rejoice Marriage Ministries.